What a month March was! We went from being our normal busy selves to being at a standstill with the Corona Virus. Real estate was on the upswing and there was a shortage of homes here in Orange County. Like all businesses ours was immediately impacted. We had to stop showing homes, stop open houses, get escrows done and in most cases put our listings on hold. We are small business owners like many so this was very concerning for our business but this is a health issue and our health comes first! Fast forward to three weeks and real estate has been deemed an essential service and housing is always needed. We are still in the middle of a terrible health crisis so our way of doing things has to change.
Here are some of the strategies we will be using to help our home buyers and list properties:
- Scheduling virtual appointments to consult on home buying and selling
- Virtual tours of homes by using real time video and live streaming on Perriscope. If the home is safe I will go visit the home and provide a personal virtual tour.
- Utilize mortgage and home buying prepping services online with my team of mortgage experts
- Attend a virtual appointment to write contracts, docusign for signatures and mobile notaries
- 3D Virtual tours for listings at no charge
- Custom websites for properties at no charge that will be promoted on social media and real estate search websites
- Offer virtual staging to enhance home photos
- Offer customized floor plan visuals and measurements
- View your new home virtually and close escrow online if necessary
If a home visit is needed, we will confirm that no one is ill at the property. All owners and visitors will wash their hands and utilize hand sanitizer. We will also offer gloves and mask.
We are excited to be completely back to work with a more digitally enhanced real estate world to keep our clients safe. When you buy a home you are impacting the financial world. There is a team of people involved that you can impact such as an escrow company, mortgage reps, title companies, photographers, inspectors, and construction workers. Buying and selling makes you an economic driver !
Most important we hope you and your loved ones are well!